Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to the Nut House


Good Morning,


Today's post is about the sign at my front door. Notice the sign is propped up instead of hanging. The other day as I sat on my front porch the wind knocked it down with a big crash. I jumped about a foot off the ground scared the bejeezus out of me. I really like the word "bejeezus". I like the way it sounds and how it looks all nutty with the two e's and the z. But I worry a little about the origin of the word Bejeezus? I am pretty sure it's some sort of mild slang "four" letter word originating from "Jesus". So I apologize to God and anyone else I have offended.

Warning I am quite certain this post is going off the deep end and I am just along for the ride. Hold on for dear life.

Anyways.....
It is so true. I am really coo coo. I almost wrote "Cocko" hmmm wonder what that word means? Actually I am not that crazy but I am weird. I like control and order but I also like spontaneity and creativity. I like to go with the flow but I also love having a plan. With this strange combination of both sides of a spectrum running through my veins I have learned to cope. You can be totally spontaneous if first you have order. Huh????


Nope it is true. My office can be really messy. I may start to think on Tuesday I should really attend to it. but I want to be creative Tuesday. Well I know Office day is Thursday so that gives me the freedom to create. Also since every Thursday is Office Day, I know it was just last week (last Thursday) that I paid bills and straightening up the office. Today it is only going to take an hour max! So I have time to be creative because I have a routine. huh? again? Please


Okay bad paragraph above. Sum it up in one sentence below.


My Thursday Office Day routine ensures the office is cleaned and bills get paid every week. This routine makes more time for me to be spontaneous and creative. ahhhh and there it is.


Man, if you could hear some of the things I think. Thank God I have a filter.


The different variables of nuttiness in my house that made me relate to this sign are vast. The number of kids entering and exiting. The dirt and muddy clothes entering and exiting. The sounds of my son's head banging music. The dog barking at every leaf that blows outside. The endless lady bugs and box elder bugs my daughter keeps as pets in custard dishes. I could go on and on but I won't.


Just trust me I have a nutty house. Actually we all do just in different ways.


"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Today I will go visit my nutty Pama (grandmother). I'll enjoy her lack of short term memory. Don't get me wrong I love her dearly. Which is why I make a game of it. I will count how many times she asks me how old my children are and if I have a picture of them (even though I showed her a picture of them 4 minutes ago). For every time these questions are asked I will take a sip of wine tonight. Man I am going to be hammered!


Enjoy the crazy day. If the day isn't crazy MAKE IT CRAZY!

Joytobe

No comments: