Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Small-ish Town DMV....Farmers




Another thing to LOVE about living in a small-ish type town. My town isn't really small. I mean we have a Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Mc Donalds, all of that. But I love how it still has this small town feel. The remnants of days gone by.





The DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). I had to go get new tabs on my car the other day. Walking in you first notice the building is at least 75 years old. It smells old and musty! The old brick walls are painted light pink! There are maybe 8 people who work here. Nice as could be people. The counter is only big enough to help 4 people at a time. And this is the busiest I have ever seen it here!!





As I listened to their conversation I soon realized these three polite dirty good ole boys were farmers. And better yet they all knew each other. This is priceless I thought as I quietly grabbed my cell phone to take a picture!





I have spent grueling hours waiting at the DMV in the big city near me and in LA, California. But honest to God this was the best people watching ever. I was a little sad when the moment was over. I was helped and out the door within 5 minutes.





I am a lucky lady to live amongst these people!

Joytobe

No comments: