Monday, April 26, 2010

The Frog Days of Summer


My dearest Savanah has been asking me daily....almost hourly when are we going to see the frogs. Our yard is filled with frogs every summer. Savanah and her friends have been known to catch 30 or so frogs in an evening. The golden rule is that all frogs have to be let go each night before bed. My pajama clad Savanah has been known to name them as she lets them go with a kiss and a tear. It is almost as if she is bestowing on them a blessing before letting them into the wild of the night.


Well tis the season.


My neighbor came knocking on the door, 11 year old Jenny. Savanah wasn't home from school yet. She brought Savanah a toad she found in the yard. How sweet is that! She said she knew Savanah would be excited. So Jenny and I put it in Savanah's frog habitat.


So with this photo I do hereby declare Frog Season open. May your croaks be loud, your warts be numerous and flies aplenty!

Joytobe

No comments: