Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Incredibly Great Idea

In St Louis Missouri there is a COOOOOOOL store called "Leftovers, INC.". Unlike any store I have ever seen. It is made exclusively on donations. Donations of things that would go into the trash. Unbelievable. And very hard to explain.



They have everything from empty toilet paper rolls, empty old medicine bottles, floor tiles, old upholstery sample books, carbon paper, tubs full of different puzzle pieces and.........broken egg shells! This one even shocked me.



Then they have a table full of finished craft projects showing you exactly what you can do with all of these things. Savanah's creative juices started flowing BIG time.



When you walk in you get a normal size grocery bag and can fill it for $4 to $7. When you check out they weigh your bag. They get grants to supplement the store by showing how much weight has been kept out of a landfill.



I found a great treasure!!! Upholstery books with cute thick material for patches on Savanah's pants!!!! Yay! This place is full of great ideas for scrapbooking.



The neat thing about this store is that teachers shop for free! This is one of the best ideas I have heard of in a long time.



I will post pictures of my treasure and what I have done with them.



Creativity Overload,

Joytobe

No comments: