Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Rough Morning

Jupiter is not in my seventh house today or something like that. Did you ever just have one of those mornings? Thankfully they don't happen very often.

It started with a dream, a cool but kind of sad dream. Very vivid, Avatar like except much of the land was pastel colors. Savanah was still my daughter but I was a single parent. Jeff and I had been dating in my dream but we had broken up. Savanah wanted to see him so bad so we went to watch him compete in a seahorse race. The seahorses were huge, pastel colored and didn't swim they flew. Crazy Cool! Much more to the story but that is the gist. I remember most of it too.

Flash forward to alarm time. Today I just barely dragged my butt out of bed. I was crazy tired this morning.

Then Billy is all blah...girl troubles. I have been trying unsuccessfully to cheer him up. As a parent you know you have to watch your kids go through these ups and downs. I am proud of how he handles life but I still worry.

Then I get Savanah up. She is less than thrilled. My daughter takes after her father, a night owl. A night person. I am usually a morning person. The morning holds the promise of the day for me. Well again Savanah is quite the opposite.

Then you know those beautiful patches my sister (I helped) sewed on her holey pants. Well Savanah HATES the way they feel on her pants. She cried this morning real tears all the way to the bus stop. I know if she wears them today they will not bother her. She will get used to them. In fact I bet $20 bucks by the end of the day she may actually like them. She just can hardly stand change.

Oh I just HATE sending my child to the bus stop when she is feeling that way. So I did what any respectable mother would do. I ran out to the bus stop with my bowl of Maple Brown sugar oatmeal with extra brown sugar melted on top. Her tears had already stopped but she still looked a little forlorn. So I gave her the best most sugary bite from my bowl!

I don't know.......is this soothing with food and sweets? Am I setting her up to turn to food whenever she is upset? Well No because this doesn't happen every time she gets upset in fact I am not sure it has ever happened.

And Hey A little extra sweetness can turn anyone's day around. I gave her another hug and kiss and in return I got a little smile. She even chuckled when I grimaced as she transferred some oatmeal from her face to mine! ewwee

Here's to turning my day around!
Joytobe

2 comments:

joy said...

Well, I told you that even though if feels yucky seeing your child with a girlfriend...the yucky feeling is MUCH worse when they break up and you know the hurt they feel and can't change it. Gone are the times when they are sad because their Lego tower broke. I just hope that when my kids marry, they marry forever! XO Love ya, Brenda.... Hey, how'd the patches feel after a day of hard work at school?

joy said...

I was right! Now she likes the patches. She even said once I was at school I got used to them. Thank you for your help with that. I appreciate it.