Friday, April 2, 2010

Patches

My daughter is a wild animal. Well not exactly but she would like to be. She often has told me she wishes she was a wolf. Wolves are definitely her favorite animal. Her imagination is boundless. I have never known a child with her capacity for role play.

In fact when she was 4 years old I was a little concerned. While driving in the car I heard her having a four person conversation. I was curious about this because I had forgotten to bring any toys with us. I looked back to see her playing with her fingers. Four of her fingers had different personalities and different voices. There was an elaborate conversation happening between them. In fact a conflict and argument. The most amazing part was they all had names and she was keeping track of them all.

About this time she had her 4 year check up. I asked her doctor about this. I even asked if I should be concerned. "Could a child have too much imagination?" "I mean are we talking split personalities?" He laughed at/with me. He said as long as she wasn't answering me with different voices we were okay. As long as her conversations with me were set in reality it was okay. In fact it was great!

I wondered then if maybe she would be an actress some day. Through the years this role play has continued. It has changed in that now it all revolves around animals. Her desire for knowledge about animals is insatiable. Any book or Discovery channel show she sees she sucks it in like a sponge. Without a doubt she has found her passion in animals. The Zoo is one of her favorite places.

Wow lots of information about "Patches". Believe it or not this post was supposed to be about patches for pants. Pretending to be an animal has caused holes in the right knee of all of my child's pants. I mean all of them. They all still fit but are holey. So my child looks like a vagabond because I refuse to buy new pants if these still fit. I have looked at craft stores for patches but they are all old fashioned and ugly. If you iron them on they stay on through maybe two washes.



I don't want to stop this creative play but Shoot I am not made of money to buy new pants every week.

So my dear very creative sister, Brenda, I take this dilemma to you. I am sure you will have a fantastic solution. Pressures on now.

Help my imaginative child and my wallet.
Joytobe

No comments: