Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Favorite Rock

I am a rock hound. I have passed this love on to my children. I love looking at rocks trying to find unusual and beautiful rocks. It is like a treasure hunt.

My favorite rock doesn't look like much from the outside. (Please do notice my bowl of oatmeal)







In fact it is quite dull. It looks like nothing special. This rock sits on my desk. The beauty of this rock has to be found on the inside.











oooohhhhh aaaaaahhhhhhhh. This is really a beautiful rock. Too bad my photography skills can't show it off. But you get the idea.


A great reminder to look on the inside of others to find their true beauty.


It also reminds me to take a second look at every situation. Pick up a situation in your hands, feel it, turn it around. Look at it from every angle. If you still can't find the answer, crack it open! Look at things from a new perspective and you may find the unexpected sparkle.


Ode to the Geode,

Joytobe

No comments: