Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Earthworms And a Happy Birthday Brother

My kindhearted daughter loves all of Gods creatures. Okay well except for things that sting you.


At Christmas she was given a small child video camera. She recently took this camera out to explore nature. She was disappointed at how difficult it was to video tape Canadian geese. Later that day she triumphantly told me it was much easier to video tape earthworms.


Savanah has always liked earthworms since she was a toddler. She has a cool albeit strange empathy for their plight when they are stuck on pavement and beginning to dry out. She cannot leave one there to shrivel up. So she saves them. Many mornings on the way to the bus stop she is grabbing as many as fast as she can and throwing them in the grass.


So suddenly today on my walk I noticed all of these poor helpless stupid earthworms. I mean if you need moisture why would you slither onto a dry sidewalk? Then me heart strings were pulled and God help me I started picking them up! My walk is a fast paced two mile walk! I thought well I just won't look down. But looking straight ahead made me think of them being smashed on the bottom of my shoe. I saved several earthworms and then just started dodging them.


Watch out this affliction apparently is contagious.

Wishing my brother, Scotty, a very Happy Birthday. This day is my day to say, I am thankful you were born and I celebrate that day as I celebrate you!

Joytobe

No comments: