Monday, April 12, 2010

One of Those Nights

Did you ever have one of those nights? You know the one where you fall asleep okay but awaken at 2:30 am to the spinning of your brain cells. Chanting over and over again all of the things you have to do tomorrow. Dr Appointment, call to schedule kids dentist appointment, Karate, fill out tournament forms, pay for graduation, pick up neighbor, call vet for vaccinations appointment, blah, blah, blah. Try as you might you cannot release this list. Over and over.

Dummy me could have just gotten up and written it all down. Then I probably would have been able to go back to sleep knowing that I wouldn't forget something tomorrow. Because I caught all these thoughts and got them out of my head and onto paper.

Nope not me. I struggled through 2 hours of this. Then just as I was drifting off to sleep. I hear Mommy. Did I really hear Mommy maybe I'm already dreaming. uh oh Mommy again. By the third Mommy I drug myself out of bed to attend to a sore legged little girl. Took care of that. Went back to bed to find......

Oh no the list started over again. another hour of sleep wasted.

So I am dragging through my day just counting the hours til bedtime tonight.
Maybe, just maybe I can squeeze an itty bitty nap in here today. That would be lovely.

Here's to dreamin.
Joytobe

No comments: