Thursday, February 25, 2010

15 Minute Day -Welcome to my therapy session

Have I got news for you.

I am not all together. Sometimes I am all together. Today ain't that day. I am irritated, overwhelmed, anxious and just plain blah today. I could figure out why but that would take energy. Beep beep beep, back up the truck. Maybe I should know why in order to fix it.

Things have not gone according to my "master plan" this week. Sick kids, sick dog, me sick, sick husband, connective tissue flare up, girlfriend break ups. But I should take a deep breath. I rolled with the punches this week. The kids are better, I feel better, the dog is better, husband feeling better, son's heart is on the mend too. Who-hoo my errands even got done today on my third attempt this week! I did it. I took care of everyone.

My house is a freakin pit. Almost nothing got done in the house this week. That makes me feel overwhelmed. My old favorite saying (I still think it is funny), "If I don't know where to start, then I am not going to start at all."

This is when I initiate the 15 minute day. I can't take credit for this idea at all. Thank FlyLady for this gem. I am setting my timer and working on one task for 15 minutes only. Her motto is you can do anything for 15 minutes. My timer is ticking right now as I write. This really does work. When I walked in my house from doing errands I wanted to curl up on the couch and pull a blanket over my head to hide from the insurmountable mess around me. Instead I went to the pile of dishes in and around the sink. I set my timer for 15 minutes thinking well ok I'll just stop when the timer goes off and take a break. My timer went off and I couldn't believe my eyes. The dishwasher was full and the sink empty. Who -hoo

So the timer just went off. I am off to finish cleaning the kitchen. (wipe down counters, put some kitchen clutter away.) Who knows what glory the next 15 minutes will bring.

Beep Beep
Joytobe

No comments: