Thursday, May 13, 2010

Words We Don't Mean

Have you ever had a day or night that you and your love were just off? Not in sync. Maybe one is grouchy and then the other gets irritated. And it snowballs into this very yucky feeling. All you want to do is go to bed and try this again tomorrow.



I am sure this happens to every couple. It happened to me and my love the other day. Whenever this happens (thankfully not very often) I think of this Amy Grant song called "That's What Love is For". It helps me feel better. Reminds me of the big beautiful picture. Here are some of the lyrics.




Sometimes we make it harder than it is

We’ll take a perfect night

And fill it up with words we don’t mean

Dark sides best unseen



And we wonder why we’re feeling this way.

Sometimes I wonder if we really feel the same

Why we can be unkind

Questioning the strongest of hearts



That’s when we must start

Believing in the one thing that has gotten us this far.

That’s what love is for.



Melt our defenses

Bring us back to our senses

Round off the edges

Talk us down from the ledges



Sometimes I see you

And you don’t know I am there

And I’m washed away by emotions

I hold deep down inside

Getting stronger with time

It’s living through the fire

And holding on we find



That's what love is for
Joytobe

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, I really needed that! Ironically enough, me & my love went thru this exact thing last week. It is such a yucky feeling...like a rock sitting in the pit of your stomach. Thankfully, like you, those times are far & few between. Just nice to know that other couples experience the same thing. Great song lyrics! Sums it up rather nicely.

joy said...

Amy, You said it perfectly.."like a rock sitting in the pit of your stomach." That is exactly how it feels. Things have gotten much better now for us. I suppose if you didn't have those rocky times, you wouldn't appreciate how good it truly is.