Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Sweet Puppy Dog


Okay well she is not a puppy at all but she is awfully sweet. She still plays like a puppy.


My sweet girl, Cabby. Cabby is short for Cabernet. She also is affectionately called Cabbers, My Cabby Girl or Cab. She will also answer to "What did you do? Huh Just what the heck did you do?".


Funny things about my dog.


She likes to eat paper.


If you roll a ball to her she will knock it back to you with her nose. Over and over again.


If you give her a treat and then leave the house she will not eat the treat until you return home. However, if you leave the garbage out and leave the house you will come home to a freakin mess. Explain that to me. It makes no sense. I have learned my lesson after a $1,000 dollar emergency vet bill and an incident involving 10 Famous Dave's ribs. Uuugghhh


Maybe the funniest thing is this. On Cabby's birthday we always sing "Happy Birthday" to her and then given her a dish of vanilla ice cream. In the last few years she associates the "Happy Birthday" song with her receiving ice cream. Now whenever she hears that song she freaks out, runs in circles, jumps on you and then runs to the kitchen, sits down all sweet and waits. She will wait there for an endless amount of time. She is relentless and will remain there until she gets her ice cream.


As she turned 9 this last year we decided she should get ice cream on everyone's birthday. Oh heck why not. In people years she is like 63. When I am 63 I'll eat ice cream every damn day if I want to. Problem is I don't like ice cream.......I'll eat CHEESE! hmmmm mouths watering.


Love you My Cabby Girl,

Joytobe

1 comment:

Minda said...

I've heard of the "other" sibling wanting a gift on a sibs birthdya, but never a dog! How cute is that?!?

And I'm with ya-cheese over ice cream any day!