Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tip for Tuesday - Painting

Tip For Tuesday involves painting which I have SSLLOOWWLLYY been doing to my bathroom.

Okay first tip. Even if a bathroom looks small and you think it will take an insignificant amount of time to paint.....you are dead wrong. I always forget how freakin tedious it is to paint a bathroom. all the corners, trim, caulk lines, cabinets, pipes, toilet to paint around.

Remember when I said I love to paint? well I should have prefaced it with...I love to paint at the beginning and end of a painting project. I like the excitement of the color choice and seeing that first brushstroke obliterate the dull drab previous color. I love seeing the results at the end. The middle?..... well it sucks. It just stares at you looming over your tired shoulders. And I HATE painting bathrooms.

Okay so here are my tips.
  • Take lots of breaks.
  • Use disposable tray liners - very inexpensive and allows you to easily take breaks.
  • During short breaks saturate your brush or roller with paint then wrap it with a plastic bag tightly. This will keep it from drying out. This actually worked for me overnight.
  • Poke small holes around the deepest part of the rim of the paint can on the side you are pouring from. This allows the paint that just sits in there to slowly drain back into the can.
  • Take lots of breaks (oh did I say that already?) It's important.
  • Never paint bathrooms!.... just kidding.

Good luck,

Joytobe

No comments: