Monday, March 14, 2011

An early morning phone call today literally brought me to my knees.



My beautiful Pama passed away last night in her sleep. The ache in my heart is almost unbearable. She has been reunited with her beloved daughter and husband. She is with her parents whom she hadn't seen since she was a young child when she was placed in an orphanage. Her mother died of tuberculosis when she was 5. She is with her sister.



They are all together now, welcoming her into heaven. My heart grieves so for my own loss.



On Friday when I saw her, she told me she wanted to have a picnic. I promised we would when the weather got warmer. She looked wonderful on Friday. Happy. I asked her how she was feeling. She said great. She joked with her usual wit.



I miss her. The sun will not shine so bright. Or maybe as my husband said the sun will shine brighter.



I am filled with sorrow knowing I will never see her again or hear her laugh.

Joyce

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Joyce...I am so sorry to hear this. Your Pama sounded like such a lovely lady. She will shine forever in your heart, and continue being a sweet angel to watch over you. :) Thinking of you and your family. ~amy

joy said...

Thank you Amy