Thursday, March 24, 2011

22 Days to go : Freakin Winter 3-24-2011

Why write about happiness?

Because it is March in Minnesota and happiness is hard to find!! Just breath...spring will come..eventually.


Some people are born with a genetic abundance of happiness. I am not one of them. Some researchers say 50% of a person's happiness is determined by genetics. That means 50% of my happiness is determined by me. Now I know that my genetic disposition for happiness may be low. My parents were some of the most unhappy people I've known.

But what a wonderful thought that my attitude and my reaction to circumstance can control a portion of my own happiness.

So the way I see it, the rest is up to me. I am no psychologist, psychiatrist, medical doctor or great philosopher. I am just a normal but determined, Joe, who struggles with depression and anxiety.

I love being around people who are just naturally joyous. You know the ones. But me.... I have to work a little at it. Sometimes I don't suceed.


I am intrigued by discoveries about myself and others on this journey of life and pursuit of happiness.


So I write. Maybe my writing will help someone else. It certainly helps me.
Joytobe

No comments: