Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 7 Freakin Winter 1-12-2011

Minneapolis, Minnesota forecast for 1-12-2011
Calm and sunny




High 20


Low 2




To hold back the winter blues I re-read my favorite book. I read this particular book every winter. Sometimes twice if it is an unusually brutal winter. The book I read is Northern Lights by Nora Roberts. This ain't no "War and Peace". This is light reading. I find it easy to set down and easy to pick back up. I absolutely love the characters she creates in my mind.



This becomes my treat and I save it for a particularly nasty cold stretch. The book takes place in a small town in Alaska. The main character has just moved there from the lower 48. He curses the cold in a very funny manner. I can totally relate to the character.



So for instance, this Sunday the high in my town will be below zero. I plan to park myself under a blanket, near the fireplace with candles lit reading my book. I almost (I said almost!) am looking forward to the arctic blast.



Find something that gives you great pleasure. Look at your list from the Day 2 post.

Joytobe

No comments: