Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 12 Freakin Winter 1-17-11

Minneapolis, Minnesota forecast for 1-17-11
Light snow showers 1-3 inches




High 24



Low 8


More important than weather rhetoric and silly anecdotes.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

I guess when I think of Martin Luther King Jr. I am reminded of how remarkable this man was. But it also makes me think of how ordinary people can be remarkable, Rosa Parks. Everyone with passion, commitment and determination can change the world.

I think Martin Luther King Jr. would be pleased with the fact that we now have an African American President. I would imagine he would feel we still have some work to do to truly attain equality and tolerance of all races, religions and sexual orientation.

I imagine he would be an advocate for world peace. That which seems unachievable is my dream.

But for this day I would like to relish in how far we have come and commit to where we need to go.

Joytobe

No comments: