Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 13 Freakin Winter 1-18-11

Minneapolis, Minnesota forecast for 1-18-11
Partly cloudy, colder, windy


High 8



Low 3

It's awfully quiet around here after a relaxing 3 day weekend. I can honestly say I am enjoying the quiet with my favorite book and lots of laundry.

So another tip for winter. Start journaling. This is my journal. Well not exactly. I do keep this blog for general consumption. My most mean nasty (not in that way. get your mind out of the gutter) thoughts are usually scribbled barely legible on a piece of paper that gets crumpled up or shredded within an hour of me writing.

Either way it is therapeutic. Write in a fancy notebook or a regular old spiral notebook.

But your journal must include two things at the end. You have to include five blessing in your life. Your health, your family, your job. Whatever.

And then it needs to include any joyous coincidences that you experienced that day. For instance, you are thinking of a certain song, then you hear it on the radio. You drive down a street with five stoplights. All the stoplights are green for you. Silly things that you take for granted everyday!

My little joyous coincidence is this: Over the last two weeks I have heard our wedding song (our song, Jeff and me) on the radio five times. "True Companion" by Marc Cohen. I can play this song anytime I want but somehow it always touches my heart and takes my breath away when suddenly I hear the beginning of the song when I am not expecting it. No matter where I am or what I am doing I stop and call my honey. If he doesn't answer I just play the song on his voicemail.

Give it a shot.
Joytobe

No comments: