Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 6 Freakin Winter 1-11-2011

Minneapolis, Minnesota forecast for 1-11-2011
cloudy and light snow


High 24

Low 13

Arctic blast coming this weekend. Oh Yay!


Okay so today the problem is not the cold. The problem today is this nuisance snow. This is just an ongoing light snow that lasts for days. The problem with this is that the roads never really get cleared. Traffic is a nightmare. You shovel, then you shovel some more.


In winter I have to find things, some silly, to look forward to. For instance I REALLY look forward to Groundhog Day, February 2nd. This is very amusing because in Minnesota the groundhog's anxiety (or lack of) about his shadow doesn't mean SHIT! There is going to be 6 more weeks of winter. In fact there is going to be about 11 more weeks of winter. But something about this day makes me smile. Perhaps the mere mention of winter being over makes me happy.

The idea that a small furry creature can determine or predict the weather. Who came up with this invigorating insane idea? No doubt someone who had enough of winter!

I have decided I am going to celebrate this day with panache. I am going to completely buy into this day and make it BIG. Not just any other ordinary day. Let's give each other presents! Maybe we should call it "You-survived-the-first-half-of-winter Day".

So you see, now I have something to look forward to and more importantly I have something to plan for. "A Groundhog Day Party" yipee

uhhh can you rent out groundhogs like a petting zoo type of thing?
Joytobe

No comments: