Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 15 Freakin Winter 1-20-2011 Part 2

So I sat and contemplated the universe. What was I going to do with my winter blues today? Very cold out. But will be dramatically colder tomorrow. hmmmm

I had to go bring Billy his high tech calculator that he accidentally left home because he has a big pre-calculus test today. Well I didn't have to but the end of the semester is only a week away. And to be honest with all of the school he missed being so sick in December he could really use all the points. And well I'm a nice person! ;)

So since I had to be out anyways I decided to make the best of it. I went to a new (not new just new to me) thrift store that I have never been to before. I love clean thrift stores! I love the idea that someone may have thrown something away that I could really use. I like the thought of re-purposing something. I found two things to buy. Both were 97 cents. A candle holder that I have been looking for that matches one I already had! Perfect! And a bag full of embroidering thread. Awesome.

Lately I am very into fixing things. I mend socks!!! I patch holes in pants for Savanah. I have gotten so good at this. I feel very green. It feels great to save a little money too! As a society we have become so accustomed to throwing everything out when it's broken. But let's try to fix it first!! Now I am not saying start hoarding stuff either. Just really think about what you need and the possibilities.

See even now I am regretting something I threw out two years ago. I kinda wish I had kept Billy's unused braces rubber bands. Now I was thinking I could wrap them around wrapping paper to keep them neat and tidy. You have to be careful about that because it can lead to serious hoarding problems. I know this because my mother was a bit of a hoarder. (not like awful but she had a alot of crap!!!!) You can find a happy balance!

Then for a special treat I went through Subway drive thru. And you know what????? I am ready for tomorrow. Bring on the wind chill. Cause I got nowhere to go. And I feel rejuvenated!

I am going to stay home and fix something that is broken.
Joytobe

No comments: