Wednesday, April 20, 2011

KID News

About the snow I am only going to say one word......Blech.

I have successfully recaptured the cat. Soon we will be taking him in to the vet/shelter. Savanah said a tearful goodbye this morning. But I sensed a little relief in her voice. I think she has been worrying about the well being of this cat and now she knows he will be well taken care of. I am so proud of her. She took great care of the cat. She understands the need to get him to a good home. And she understands why that home cannot be ours. She has finally graciously excepted it.

She has a huge capacity to nurture and love.

Exciting news, Billy made it on to the Elk River Competitive Cheer team. I just think Billy is so neat. He looks all emotional DRAMA. He looks dark and dreary. But he is so upbeat and comfortable in his skin.

One of his teachers has nominated him to be a LINK leader. They go through training to help the new freshman next year. I like that they see him as a leader. He is a leader and certainly not a follower.

Also very exciting...BILLY IS PASSING CHINESE! Yay! This has been the hardest class for him. He has an awful time with the written language. The characters and such.

Billy want to join this club called "Yellow Ribbon". According to him they deal with teen issues and emotions. They also help raise awareness to Teen suicide prevention. I also like that he wants to be involved. He has had to deal with suicidal threats and talk from friends and a girlfriend. He handled himself with caution and care. he really cares about people and values life. One of the guidance counselors runs this club.

Last but not least important.....Billy starts Driver's Ed on may 2nd. Lord help us all!!

I love my kids and I like them too.....most of the time.
Joytobe

No comments: