Friday, April 1, 2011

14 Days to go - Freakin Winter 4-1-2011

Happy April Fool's Day! Happy Two Weeks more of winter!!! 7 X 2 = 14

Yes we have been practicing our multiplication in our home. For some reason my strange but adorable dog loves to eat multiplication flash cards. So far she has enjoyed the multiplication facts for 7 and 3. My witty sister said, "She must be hungry for knowledge."

So today Savanah watched all (she has seen parts before) of Les Miserables. She loved it and cried at the end.

Now I am doing some tap dancing around the prostitution part. I have told her all those ladies live on the street and are poor. I tell her they are asking the men for help or food. Now there are two distinct parts where the word "Whore" is used. I am very militant at these parts. I speak very loudly gaining Savanah's attention and I distract her with any means possible. Today I faked a stubbed toe. I hollered and yelled and jumped up and down. I knew acting school would pay off some day!

Thank the Lord she hasn't asked me what whore means and Lord help me when she does. Guess I'll cross that nasty bridge when I come to it.

After she watched the whole thing (very long) she started it over to watch it again. This time she made it through act 1 before she needed to do something else.

I love it! I remember seeing the actual play the first time. As soon as it was over I said, "I'd sit through the whole play again right now if I could change into my jammies first." I had on fancy play clothes that were very uncomfortable.

I love that my children appreciate the theater. We are so fortunate to provide them the opportunity to see many plays.

One of my most wonderful memories of my father is going together to see "Kiss Me Kate" with Robert Goulet at the beautiful outdoor Muny theater in St. Louis. ( I still have the program) It was a beautiful night to sit in an outdoor theater. It was one of those magical nights you always remember. It was also the day I fell in love with Robert Goulet and those crystal blue eyes!

This was around the same time I fell in love with Christopher Plummer from the Sound of Music Movie. It's no wonder my fantastic husband has dark brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. :)

I find this to be quite the random post! Fun but Random.

Hey enjoy the weekend!
Joytobe

Wow I love coincidence (or not);I just looked up The Muny website to see a picture of the beautiful theater again, "Kiss me Kate" is playing this season June 27th - July 3rd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on down to the Muny. This summer has lots of good shows!!