Tuesday, April 5, 2011

10 Days to go - Freakin Winter 4-5-2011

The final count down! This is it folks. We do the BIG countdown. 10 - 9 - 8 - 7.

Yee-haa

Yesterday Savanah showed me her hands (palm side up). She asked me, "Do you notice anything different?" I looked and said, "No." She excitedly said, "Mom Look closely....CALLUSES! That means it is almost summer!" Oh the joy of monkey bars on the playground at school.

I see signs of spring all around me now. I see buds just coming up out of the ground. I hear a bazillion birds chirping. The Canadian geese are back. The box elder bugs are gathering in earnest on the sunny side of my house. Never thought I would be happy to see those nasty little creatures but I am.

I am watching the sun rise. It is rising to the left of the neighbors(across the street) house. In winter it rises to the right of their house.

I have a patch of snow in my yard about 12 inches by 7 inches. That is it. That is all the snow in my yard. I smelled dirt on my walk Saturday!!!!

Yesterday was a little dismal. Cold, cloudy, windy. But if I flip it to a positive. The wind dried up my yard! And wow! those beautiful dark gray clouds mixed with bright blue sky. You don't get that fabulous contrast in winter.


Now today, another sunny 50+ degree day. Oh yeah. I am really looking for 70 degrees but hey I'll take what I can get.

Think spring, speak spring, smell spring, hear spring, see spring, feel spring.

Open your heart to spring. It is all around you!
Joytobe

No comments: