Monday, April 4, 2011

11 Days to go - Freakin Winter 4-4-2011

11 Days to go.

God was spitting white stuff out of the clouds this morning. The appreciation of each unique beautiful snowflake is completely lost on me now. It looks like spit balls to me now.

However it was a pretty nice weekend. I went for a walk both days.

Now Today....Today is one of "those" days. [insert an exasperated sigh] Or hopefully just one of those mornings. But quite often I have found if you start out the day with "one of those mornings", it will take some concerted effort to save the day. I am up for the challenge.

Just gotta love Mondays.
The day started with a sleepy grouchy teenager. Followed by an equally crabby husband (he is the most NON morning person I know). Culminating to an irate 8 year old who left the house chasing the bus ( okay she didn't exactly chase the bus but it had already left the stop but he saw us so she got picked up in her own driveway) crying the whole way.

On one hand, I HATE sending a child out the door feeling like their world is falling apart. (A missing boot means no playground at recess) On the other hand, I'm like would you just go!!!!!! After the bus pulls away I inevitable feel sad and guilty. I did however, take that moment where I held her adorable cheeks and looked her in the eye, then told her, "You're gonna be okay. I love you" And gave her a big kiss before she stepped on the bus. As an afterthought I hollered, "Have a great day!" So here I sit hoping the day turns around for both of us.

Oh yeah EVERYBODY is going to sleep tonight at 8:30 pm!!

Joytobe

No comments: