Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Promise of Spring

March 2nd, 2010 It is not spring yet.

But I feel, hear and smell the promise of spring. It is beautiful.

On my walk down a tree lined path. I heard birds chirping. I felt the sunshine on my face. My shoulders did not feel the burden of a heavy coat. I finally saw wet brown grass now mixed with the dingy snow. A slight breeze refreshed me and did not bring a chill. I passed another who wore the same smile as me. I smelled melting dirt once again holding the promise of new life. I sat in the sunshine on my deck basking in the day. I heard the water constantly dripping from the melting winter.

This beautiful day, this beautiful promise of spring will sustain me and give me the strength to wait for the first shades of green and buds of spring.


ahhhhhhh
Joytobe

No comments: