Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Billy Boy

My darling young-man-child son. This is for/about him.



Last week his English teacher gave me an assignment. They are studying Romeo and Juliet and how it relates to modern times. Specifically the conflict between what a family wants for a teen and what a teen wants for himself. I was to write what qualities I would want for a daughter-in-law. Then I was to write what I think Billy would want in a spouse. He had to do the same thing and then we got to compare. The answers are in no particular order. This was fun. The answers are below.



I want in Billy's spouse:

Intelligent

Rational

Funny-sense of humor

Kind

Lighthearted-playful, fun

Accepting

Loving

Active

Purposeful

Gotta like your Mommy



What I think Billy wants in a spouse:

Intelligent

Attractive

Witty

Music Lover

Rockin Body

Fun

Outgoing

Socially fearless

Friendly

Gotta like my Mommy



What Billy wants in a spouse:

Sweet

Pretty

Understanding

Cute

Smart

Can see from my point of view

Drug free

Understands me

Likes Music

Playful



What Billy thinks I want in a daughter-in-law:

Nice

Understanding

Innocent

Same age

Educated

Gets along with parents

Respectful

Drug Free

Easy to make me embarrassed

Thoughtful

I was impressed by Billy's answers. I will read this at his wedding. Hopefully his spouse will be everything we both want.

Hopefully Yours,
Joytobe







No comments: