Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 51 Freakin Winter 2-25-2011 My Boy

As we head off into the weekend I wanted to share something that touched my heart.



For Valentine's Day my son gave me a card. Not a Hallmark card. A handwritten card. The best kind. He gave me permission to post it on the blog. Here is what it said.



Hey Mom.

It's Valentine's Day!!! Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you. I've been through a lot in the past couple of months, and you've been there for me every step of the way. Always willing to talk or offer your experience or opinion, even though I usually didn't take it. I usually don't show enough appreciation for everything you do. I know you're doing your best to look after me. Out of this, I want you to understand these three things: I thank you from the bottom of my heart, I am deeply and truly sorry, and I love you no matter what.


Your Loving Son,
Billy





I cried. Then just about fell over when he said, "You were right about everything." I smiled and thought, can I have that in writing with your signature. Just kidding, sort of.

I love you Billy,

Your Mama


No comments: