Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 37 Freakin Winter 2-11-2011

Getting warmer....... Yay! It always a pleasant feeling when you see puddles. Snow is slowly melting. That is good. A fast melt means disaster, flooding. I'll take it!

Something that I have found helps pull me out of the winter blahs is helping someone else.

Seriously nothing puts a smile in my heart than helping a neighbor, a stranger, a friend or my family.

It can be something so simple like offering to babysit the neighbors kids so they can have a long overdue, well deserved night out. Or shoveling some one's driveway. Or letting the person behind you (who has one item) go ahead of you and your full cart in line at the grocery store.

I love seeing the joy on people's face. Every morning Savanah hurriedly gets ready to leave for the bus. Piling on layer after layer of winter gear. I always grab her knit hat and set it on the heater vent. Then slip it on her head just as she walks out the door. She sighs and smiles at me. What a great way to send your child out the door! I love that!

It really is the little things.

What can you do for others? Think about it?
Joytobe

No comments: