Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 48 Freakin Winter 2-22-2011

Alas, I have shoveled the driveway for the umpteenth time this winter!!! arg My honey snow blowed yesterday afternoon. But "oyvey" it just kept snowing. So I did shovel again this morning. The good news is this. It is actually quite beautiful outside. It is not snowing! A bright blue sky, invigorating sunshine, no wind, pretty new white sparkling snow, and I didn't feel cold.

hhhhmmmm

Funny how we become so accustomed to cold. Because I was outside shoveling with no gloves on, no hat, no scarf. I wasn't cold and the temperature outside right now??????? 12 degrees. I got blood thicker than peanut butter!!!

I am starting to think about the spring equinox. I am going to have a craft party for some of Savanah's friends. Gotta think up something fabulous-ly spring!

I always say "live in the moment." But that doesn't mean you can't look forward also. Look forward to awesome things that keep you going in winters despair!

Start making a list of things to look forward to. Things that confirm spring will arrive (not soon enough) but it will arrive. The days are getting longer!

February 27th! My Honey's birthday
The end of February (the 2nd coldest month of the year)
March begins. The average high by the end of March is 47! The record high for March, 83!
Daylight savings time begins March 13th!! Yay!!!
St Patrick's Day! I love this holiday, the sneaky little Leprechaun visits our house!
Spring equinox is March 20th!!!


Not spring yet. But if you listen closely you will hear the whispers of spring.
Joytobe

No comments: