Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 43 Freakin Winter 2-17-2011

FOG I love fog. It makes me feel cozy. I don't know why. It also feels springy. It smells like spring today.

I will go for a walk today as it may be close to 55 degrees. 55 degrees! That is the record high for today so maybe we will break it. Wouldn't that be fun?

I went for a walk yesterday. It felt glorious. I miss walking everyday. I have decided that for the rest of the winter. If it gets to 40 degrees with little wind chill I am going to walk. That is my pact, my promise.

I am going to exert a great amount of energy "not" thinking about tomorrow. Only going to say it once. The weather tomorrow will bring us back to reality. sad face.

Oh But living for today. happy face I am soaking it in.

I am still playing catch up. I was interrupted in my marathon yesterday. So today is back to the grind with many breaks for outdoor pleasure.

I am going to cheat today!! What???? I am going to go backwards and fill in the days on my blog that I missed because of being sick. Hey it's not cheating! It's like when you are sick at school...the teacher gives you a few days to make up missed work. That's what I am doing.

Since this current post is pretty random thoughts I'll continue on with this theme.

I think my son is a neat kid! He has a cold and needs to go back to the doctor to recheck his spleen after his mono episode this past December. So I was going to make the appointment for today. So he says to me, "Don't make the appointment for during the school day. Today is a pep fest!" He is excited about the pep fest. (Back in the day we called it a pep rally.) Then I had to wash his white jeans because this week is "snow week". Supposed to wear all white today. My point?.... Billy participates. He fully participates. Naysayers be damned.

Sad to say. I was a naysayer in high school. Pep rallies were an opportunity and excuse to skip school.

I am proud of him that he is not what I was.

Joytobe

2 comments:

Carrie said...

kids wear white jeans??? hmm?

joy said...

Not all kids wear white jeans and certainly not many boy kids wear white jeans. sigh....my son wears white skinny jeans. He labels his style as "scene" (some new thing). Like emo without the emotional part and they wear bright colors. I just try to keep up.