Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 50 Freakin Winter 2-24-2011 Bouncing

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

50 days!! And holy crap we've got about 50 more. oh no, nuh huh! We are not going there!

No way! One day at a time. Chugging along to spring.

An odd thing that I look forward to that gives me hope for warmer weather is American Idol. What the heck does American Idol have to do with spring?

One reason I love American Idol: Although it starts in mid January, I know that the last episode will be in May. I know I can and I have watched the last couple of episodes from my deck! Oh yeah Baby it's coming. Spring is coming!

So I have a challenge: every time you write in your journal or a letter or unofficial non professional e-mail, put exclamation points wherever your first instinct tells you to. It's fun!!!!

I love exclamation points!

As I was drowning in my snow white sorrow the other day I was desperate to swim to shore before I reached the point where I didn't care. You know there are a few pivotal moments where rapid change can occur. You can be swallowed up into the blank void or you can push yourself up to rise above the drifts of despair. I have found to do this you have to physically move. Get up off the couch. Get out of bed. Leave the computer behind. (Well wait til you're done reading this post.)


One good method: BOUNCING


Yes I would like to revisit bouncing.


I have an emergency bouncing CD. It was made by a friend of my husband's that he works with. I have never met her but have heard stories about her. Apparently, my husband talks about me a lot at work. (good thing too or I might be jealous!) Enough so that she made me a CD titled by her "Girl Power". Funny that almost every song I love! Most of the songs are very appropriate for bouncing. I pull out this little gem when I am sinking.


Later today I will compile a list of songs on the CD and other bouncing songs in my repertoire.



Now bouncing is all about silly unabashed movement. Jumping, spinning, flinging your hair, shake your hips, raise your hands like you just don't care. Oh Yeah! The key here is there are no rules. Dance like a 7 year old. Then clap with the music. Loud, listen to the sound of your clap.....there is power there. It's odd sounding and I know I sound crazy but do it. Do it alone when no one is home.


Joytobe

No comments: