Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trust

I am having a hard time with trust. Well trusting a teenager. My teenager. Now he has made a few mistakes lately. Nothing life altering but pretty drastic especially for him. I am afraid this is just the beginning of the trouble he is heading towards.

Much of this I fear is happening because of a girl. I want to give this girl a chance but.....she is not making it easy.

Now I know Billy is in charge of his own actions, should be held accountable and suffer the consequences. But I also know he has never felt this way about a girl.

IT SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

I am noticing a rebellious tone to his voice and more rolling of the eyes. He is carrying around a new angst!

According to him she is constantly saying she is ugly or fat. That he is too good for her. So basically this girl has zero self esteem. She is needing Billy to constantly build her up and tell her how great she is. I know this because I eavesdrop! It is a mother's right, you know? Hey, if you are in ear shot I am going to listen.

The other day they had a...I don't know.......disagreement. She is very dramatic. And well he said to me. "I just want to keep this between her and I."

"WHAT?"

I want to trust him to work this out. I really do. But I don't trust her.

Now I also remember slightly from my teenage years if you push a teenager too much they will do just the opposite of what you want them to do. So you sit quietly and intently, watching every move made ready to intervene at lightening speed before things get out of hand. So If I am patient this relationship may end on its own. ? Right?

Billy, I feel for this girl but truth be told, you are too good for her!

Billy forgive me but I am hoping this relationship ends quickly and painlessly.

The Momma bear on prozac protecting her cub!

No comments: