Monday, October 11, 2010

Oberg Mountain Trail

The Superior National Forest beholds this ruby.


THE OBERG MOUNTAIN TRAIL

This is an easy hike beginning with an elevation of 1220 feet above sea level and peaking at an elevation of 1539 above sea level. It is a gradual climb. At the summit there are several grand amazing views. It is a loop so eventually you end up where you started. (You can't get lost!) The trail is 2.3 total miles.



Something magical happens when my family enters this trail. It is like they are sprinkled with fairy dust and suddenly become angelic and well behaved!





Even the teenager is caught up in the magic. It is contagious.




Proof is in this picture. Do you see how tightly I am holding Billy around the waist? It is not often you get this opportunity to stand so close to your teenager and them willingly except it!! Truth be told, he was trying to give that casual "I'm a cool teenager, too cool to really smile" smile. So I was tickling him. It worked!

See Savanah's smile. She was more like, "Let go of me! I'm on an adventure!"



See the happy faces. Besides the stranger in the blue shirt. oops sorry lady!


Ahh





AWE they are making a heart with their hands. Isn't that sweet? I swear by the Oberg Magic.






Love it!


The magical dust does eventually wear off. Just about the time we start heading down hill again someone realizes they have to pee. And EVERYONE (except mom) is sick of mom taking pictures. Then it is time to go.
I highly recommend this hike. If you can walk you should go!
Joytobe

That is the last of the vacation pictures. I promise. Well maybe I think so.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures, Joyce! Looks like an amazing place...wish I was there now. :) You sure have a couple of good lookin' kiddos, and you look great!

joy said...

Thanks Amy. I think I am looking a little old! My hair looks white in that picture! It is actually blondish highlights. I wish I was there now too.

Anonymous said...

Those picture are awesome. It really is like fairy dust! The two of them making hand hearts instead of peace signs over Savanah's head?? =0) That place looks FABULOUS! Luv, Brenda