Friday, October 15, 2010

The Basement

Okay so we are thinking of fixing up our basement. Not really finishing it exactly but setting it up a little for the kids. Kids meaning little kids and teenagers.

Lately we have been having a lot of Billy's friends over on Friday nights. It is kind of like a party at first them all hanging out, talking, playing the guitar and piano. Then it turns into movie night. Someone rents a movie every Friday. They have a great time. This gives them something to do, keeps them out of trouble and I know where my son is! Sounds like a win win, right?

It is but they take over my family room. I've got no where to hang out and enjoy my Friday night. So we have been looking at couches to put in the basement. We have an extra TV for down there. Thought we could set up the PS3 too. We have a large air hockey table too.

The dilemma I am having is in the basement they are less supervised. Makes me nervous.

What do you think? Struggling with this one. How often can I take a trip down in the basement without being a pain in the butt but keep teen pregnancy rates down!? Just kidding. I think?

Charting New Territory,
Joytobe

3 comments:

Minda said...

old baby monitor? hehe!
Sounds like a great plan to be the house they hang out at!

joy said...

Dang Minda, That is brilliant!! Didn't think of that! Maybe a hidden camera?? Invasion of privacy. Hey when you are a teen there is no such thing as privacy!

Minda said...

Well, I do have experience with keeping an eye on teens. My spying ways prevented drug addiction and a few other near misses and my kids both still love me even when they found out about it!
And remember, people that want privacy pay rent or buy a house.