Monday, October 4, 2010

Aint No Words Good Enough

There are just no adequate words to explain the Lake Superior north shore in Minnesota in autumn.


So I'll just show you.

I cried.




I cried about five times a day. Not like sobbing but a lump in my throat, tears in my eyes. Happy tears.

The scenery taking my breath away. My family enjoying each other without the pressures and responsibilities of everyday life.

The smell of fallen leaves. The crisp air. The laughter.

I wish I could have bottled up this day, this feeling and bring it home with me. I'll carry these memories with me forever and the memories will sustain me until I return next year.
The word I would use to describe how I feel when I am there is


Peace

Joyful


Joytobe



I'll post more pictures in a few days!

1 comment:

Amy said...

WOW. Just ... wow. All beautiful pictures, but that last one should be printed & framed! If the pictures are that beautiful, and I can only imagine what that was like up close & personal. Thanks for sharing. :)