Friday, June 11, 2010

Savanah - The Frog Veterinarian

My dear Savanah found a frog with a little cut on it. Apparently Jeff ran over it with the lawn mower or whacked it with the weed whacker. (Isn't weed whacker a funny word?) Luckily it was just a flesh wound.

Savanah got wet paper towels and cleaned off the blood until it was no longer bleeding. She cared for this frog with all of her 7 year old skill. The frog has recovered nicely and will shortly be released back into the wild.

She was very proud of herself for this humane accomplishment. She was telling me all about it. I told her, " You are a veterinarian." She looked at me quizzically.

Then she shrugged her shoulders kind of shook her head no. She looked at me and said, "But I like to eat meat."

It took me a moment but I realized she had confused the words veterinarian with vegetarian.

Oh was that amusing. After I finished explaining she still asked, "Do veterinarians eat meat?" Hmmm good question, If you care for animals, granted domesticated animals, do you still eat animals..meat?

I suddenly felt a tongue twister coming on. Something like
If the veterinarian was not a vegetarian
but the vegetarian was a veterinarian,
Were either of them vegans?

Oh Savanah you crack me up. I crack myself up too.
Joytobe

No comments: