Thursday, June 3, 2010

Horse Lady

My husband used to affectionately call me the "Duck Lady". I'll explain this in a future post as it is quite a funny story, actually a couple of funny stories. Mostly including me making a fool of myself all for the love of nature.


Anyways I felt myself called to duty again today. Often when I take my daily walk I stop at the ranch near my house. I just watch the horses (3 of them) for a few minutes catch the morning breeze and head on my way. They are beautiful horses. Today the light brown one kept looking back at me rocking back and forth. It was an odd behavior as they usually ignore me. I took this photo.


As I watched squinting into the sun I realized it looked like his leg was stuck.







Well you know me I high tailed it over down the long gravel driveway to get a better look. Sure enough poor thing was stuck. I walked the rest of the long drive way towards the house. The other two horses came running up to the fence obviously happy and maybe amused to see me. They were beautiful and graceful. You could tell they were well cared for and adored people.


As I approached the home I heard a rather large dog barking in harmony with some high pitched yippy barking from a few other dogs. As I got to the front door this huge lab ran to the storm door barking quite ferociously. I was a little frightened but was happy for the storm door. Until the dog jumped on the door and it flew open. I like dogs. I don't think I have ever been afraid of a dog before today. I just about crapped my pants as it came charging to me. I think I heard myself in a high pitched voice say something along the lines of "good doggy", hoping to sooth this savage beast and convince him to not eat me. When the dog got to me the owner was walking out the door. She reprimanded the dog, "Duffy" the dog immediately started wagging it's tail and sniffing me.


I pulled myself together just enough to let her know about her horse. She was very appreciative and said, "I don't know why she does that. Come on Duffy we need to go get Destiny out of the fence again." As I walked back down the driveway I saw the owner cruising over to the fence in a golf cart.


Catastrophe averted. Duffy and Destiny, Duffy and Destiny I thought over and over on the rest of my walk.




Once I got home I did change my shorts. Although I didn't crap my pants I think I might have peed a little!




Affectionately Yours,
The Horse Lady

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm laughing my butt off over here! A good way to start off this fine Friday mornin'! ;)~ I'm just visualizing the whole ordeal ... tee, hee. Have a great weekend!