Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Birthday....His Birthday Suit

So last week was my birthday, June 2nd. I turned 39. gasp. Now I am 39 and holding. I will not get older than 39. I still love my birthday. I used to feel indifferent about my birthday. Until I met my husband. My honey has a way about him. He finds great joy in showing the people he loves how special they are to him. On my birthday he always makes me feel so wonderful. So although I have stopped aging I will continue to celebrate my birthday. Hey everyone deserves to be princess for the day!

So this past Wednesday a blogging story was revealed right before my very eyes. ;)

To begin with my honey slept in that day (he always takes the day off on my birthday). He had been at the hospital late the night before with his mom. So I was happy to let him sleep in. I got the kids off to school. Then Billy texted me, he needed something he forgot at home. It needed to be turned in that day. So I kissed sleeping Honey and high tailed it up to the school with the forgotten item. On my way home I stopped at McDonald's for yummy greasy breakfast. hmmm yum bacon egg and cheese biscuit.

When I walked in the door I saw my honey was up and sitting on the couch. I smiled and excitedly showed him the grease stained McDonald's bag, "I got breakfast! no dieting today!" He just looked at me with this enormous smile on his face. His hands were behind his head as he leaned back supporting his head. This smile was unusual. Not his normal smile. It was too animated. Too big. Like he had something up his sleeve! Like the joker. Very unusual. puzzling. I stared at him as I set my things down and slipped off my shoes. "Is everything okay?" I asked.

He just continued to smile not saying a word. As my eyes adjusted to the dimness of the room I noticed he had his shirt off. My honey has the sexiest chest. Not meaning to get graphic here but it is truth. I took a step forward, then another. My eyes widened as I realized my honey was NAKED!!!! With my birthday card covering up his privates. I gasped in shock and appreciation. And then I fell to the floor laughing. Then he started laughing too. It was awesome. This is not really characteristic for my honey. In fact he was trying to see the reaction from me. And he did. When I pulled myself together I hopped right over that couch and well.......

The funniest part of it is what he told me later. He watched the road waiting to see my car. Then threw his clothes off and assumed the position. But he said he panicked just before I opened the door. He thought, what if Billy got sick at school and I was bringing him home. What if Billy was walking in the door first. His heart raced as he heard the door knob begin to turn. His smile was so large because he was relieved to see my face.

Thank goodness, can you imagine if it had been Billy? That would have been a hefty therapy bill!

I just love him and his ability to make me smile! And he still surprises me.

Happy Birthday to me!
Joytobe