Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Aahhhh Quiet - Bad Mommy

Okay so does it make me a bad mother that I have been counting down the days til school starts? since June 20th? Just kidding but seriously.....

I love the beginning of summer. I struggle when Billy leaves but then find my rhythm. My rhythm for summer is LAZY. The Lazy days of summer. sleeping late. not even attempting to get anything done because with my child and all the neighborhood kids in and out of my house, "what is the point?" I mean mud, dirt, water, grass, wet dog hair, rocks. This all covers my floor all summer long. I have found that the moment I sweep and mop my floors ten kids come running in with muddy feet followed by the muddy dog. Then I get FURIOUS!!! The solution? don't sweep and mop the floors.

During summer my house is complete chaos. The doorbell rings no less that 15 times a day. The door swings open 50 times a day. It is left open 25 of those times. I can hardly keep up with the fly swatter. The nasty little buggers touching everything. I meant the flies not the kids. Well...maybe both.

I love kids but to be honest by the end of summer we are all ready for school to start. Now the kids will NEVER admit that. But my kids were filled with energy last night and up early this morning picking out what clothes to wear. They were excited for school to start.

We are both looking forward to routine. I may mop my floors today then again maybe not. But I do have a goal, I will destroy every last fly in this house today. I have to do it when Savanah is gone because she wants to save them. uh

I will write today on my blog and in my book.

And most of all I will relish the quiet. I will soak it in!

Enjoy your day.
Joytobe

No comments: