Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random and A Request

Good Morning,

First and foremost I have a prayer request. My mother in law is in the hospital. Her intestinal infection is back and she is on iv antibiotics. Her chemo has been a rocky road filled with uncertainty. Unfortunately this also delays her chemo thus dragging this out longer than expected. A prayer request for physical healing and peace.

Also a prayer request for Kate Mcrae. Help her Mommy and Daddy find peace in this difficult time. And pray for the healing of Kate. You can look up her caring bridge at

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate

Now the random part.

Uugghh I got a jury summons yesterday! Yay! You know there is a part of me that feels proud that our country offers trial by jury and that is a basic American right. And that I have the opportunity and responsibility to participate in our democracy. The other part of me just thinks, What a pain in the ass!!!!

I'll choose to enter this endeavor focusing on the first opinion!

Next I am truly enjoying the school year so far. Getting lots done that was neglected during the summer hiatus. I have been decorating for fall. I love the look my kids get at seeing the decorations. It makes the house feel special. I like that they will carry that memory into adulthood. That makes it all worth it.

My book is coming along. On Chapter 12 of the basic outline, with 16,000 words. Almost done, then I need to go back and rework it. I have the basic story and emotion of it captured now I need to add some details. Then a rewrite for editing. I guess most first time novels have 50,000 words so apparently I am going to have to get "wordy". Just kidding.

The process has been surprisingly exhausting. Sometimes I actually cry while I am writing or laugh or get excited. I get so lost in it. I lose track of time as if I were reading a novel. Pouring my heart and soul into this so maybe it will be good enough to get published. And even if it is not i will be able to say, "Hey, I wrote a novel!" It's on my list of "25 things I want to do before I die". FYI-I am not dying anytime soon but it will be nice to cross another one off of the list.

Okay time to get the day going here.

Enjoy your day!
Joytobe

No comments: