Monday, September 20, 2010

The Weekend

Randomness

What a strange and at times wonderful weekend.

Started with the Friday sunset to Saturday sunset fast for Yom Kippur. It was strange because it was unlike our normal tradition. Normally we would go to my in-laws house. Which we didn't. By the way my mother in law is doing much better. Out of the hospital on Friday morning. Still we chose not to meet with family for this Jewish holiday because Savanah has a cold. We couldn't take the chance of getting Grammy sick. Normally we would also break the fast with family.

So this holiday was very different. Jeff is the only one in our immediate family that fasts. I always feel guilty eating or drinking in front of him. All in all it went fine just very very different.

Friday night was strange in that out of the blue Billy's new girlfriend broke up with him. He was a little shocked and dazed. Earlier that day she brought me pink roses, the first time I have met her. According to Billy she wanted me to like her. Well I thought it was kinda strange and sucking up to me. Odd. It became odd-er when four hours later after the football game she broke up with him. I thought about dumping the flowers on her front doorstep but I don't know where she lives and Billy wouldn't tell me. ;) Sometimes I can truly say I don't understand teenagers. Billy and I sat on the couch for a long time talking about it all. He is okay...a little hurt but okay.

Luckily the weekend ended with beauty and peace. A family day at Sever's Maze was exactly what my family needed. We had so much fun. That place is magical.

Last night was fantastic! With Savanah and Billy finishing up their homework without complaint. Both doing a great job then off to bed early!

A great nights sleep. And that is where I am at right now. Starting out Monday morning a little confused by the weekend but I got a smile on my face.

All is well, and I am thankful.
Joytobe

No comments: