Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Proposal


Okay so we did everything backwards. We moved in together before we were married. Talked of getting married. Picked a date and started wedding planning before the proposal.




Started trying to conceive two months before we got married. We had a timing issue. We wanted to have a baby soon but we also wanted Billy to be in town (not with his dad) when the baby was born. So we tried for two months. Then stopped trying (just practiced...8)...) for three months. Then started trying again. and viola!




Went on the honeymoon two months before we got married. It's just our wacky way.




So Jeff had gone to the jeweler. He wanted to get an alexandrite (my favorite stone in the world) for my wedding ring. Well alexandrites aren't very popular and are rare. So the jeweler had to order it.




I felt pretty strongly that I wanted a ring before we went on our honeymoon. Makes sense right? So the day before we were to leave Jeff went to the jeweler to get the ordered stone. I knew this was happening.




So that night it was soooo hot outside. I came in from work and took off my shirt, don't get all excited or upset. Billy was out of town. Savanah was just a twinkle in her Daddy's eye. It was flippin hot so I stood in the kitchen in my pants and bra.




Jeff walked in the door from the jewelers. I was excited to see the ring of course but acted all casual. "Hi Honey! Yeah for vacation!" I gave him a kiss. We talked for a few more minutes about our trip the next day.




I had turned around fixing the coffee pot. Jeff said, "Honey, I'm sorry but they got the wrong stone. I don't have the ring."




I inhaled deeply, "Oh no really?" I was so disappointed. I was even a little mad. Why had he waited to the last minute? I was about to say something not so nice. When I turned around to give him a piece of my disappointed mind, I was shocked. There he was on his knee, ring box opened with the most beautiful ring inside.




Then the sweetest words ever spoken.



"Will you marry me?"




"Oh yes!! YES!!!" I jumped up and down. I was silently thankful for the bra! And boy did I feel like a jerk for almost getting mad!




And that is how it happened.




And they lived happily ever after!


One more day honey and it'll be 9 years!
Joytobe

No comments: