Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dog Buzz

Just for reference for this post you need to know...... In our family we call passing gas, a fart, a toot...well we call it a buzz. For instance as a verb you would say "I buzzed". Or to another family member you might say "Stop Buzzing!"

Okay so the funniest thing here. My dog rarely buzzes. I mean I have witnessed the dog buzz maybe 10 times in her ten years. Almost Happy Birthday Cabby, November 16th, you'll be double digits. 10 years old. Anyways. so she rarely buzzes except for this week. Cabby is on an antibiotic for a tick bite. Well apparently, as the vet warned me, this medicine can upset her tummy a little. My dog has buzzed 4 times already this morning. And three times last night. Almost the total of her lifetime buzzes.

The thing about Cabby. When she buzzes, it scares the daylights out of her, especially if it makes a noise, which it has been.

So just now I am sitting at my computer, and I hear ppfppfppspphuh, from her bootie in the kitchen. Then I hear her nails skidding and running across the wood kitchen floor. I see her booking around the corner trying to get away from her own butt!

Then she runs toward me so I can protect her from again HER OWN BUTT. Then she lays down next to my chair by my feet. Suddenly the noise comes again, she jumps up as if she has a rocket attached to her butt (maybe she does). She runs back toward the kitchen then back around the corner to me again. Lays back down but is whimpering a little.

Now I feel bad for the dog. I mean I really love my dog. But you gotta admit, it is damn funny too. A dog that is afraid of its own buzz. What is the name of that phobia?

Hold on, I gotta look that up.

Okay I'm back. Not as easy as I thought to find the answer to that question. So some just call it the Fear of Flatulence. or Flatuphobia. However, I cannot find a scientific use of Flatuphobia but hey it works for me.

So my poor flatuphobia dog is next to me, looking at me as if begging me to stop this unnatural phenomenon.

I feel bad for her in between my bouts of laughter.
Joytobe

PS update, took dog outside. she had a mega poop. maybe she'll feel better now.

No comments: