Friday, May 20, 2011

Yay! for Friday

Billy drove yesterday!!! Just in our neighborhood. We waited until after dinner time but before dark so all (or most) of the young kids were already inside. Jeff took him. I do think Jeff is going to be the primary teacher here. Jeff has an unbelievable amount of patience. Literally it took them 15 minutes to pull out of the driveway and I was like, "Would you go already?" Oh and of course I freak out too easily, the anxiety thing.

But as they pulled out of the driveway I could hardly contain myself. I started jumping up and down, hooting and hollering, camera in hand. hmmm maybe that is why they waited until all the neighbors were inside. I was quite the spectacle. poor Billy with the crazy Mommy!


It has been a long week of ups and downs. I am so very happy it is Friday.

I was looking at our calendar and thinking WoW! May through June is VERY busy. Every year. A good kind of busy. Fun stuff: birthdays, vacations, graduations, end of the school year parties, etc. It is very "go, go, go".

It does make me look forward to July when everything slows down and the lazy days of summer kick in.

Then we jump into the craziness of August and September: camps and state fair and getting ready for school to start. Gees I am sooo getting ahead of myself.

This would be one of those moments I have talked about before. Time to live in the moment. Just a couple of deep breaths and a return to the present.

I am smiling as the weekend approaches. I love the time with my family.

Joytobe

1 comment:

Amy said...

I like the new page. :) The green is very pretty & soothing!