Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why? How? What? When? Where?

I hear these word at least 100 times a day. My daughter is so inquisitive. I love it. And I am sad to say some days it annoys me. Often she will ask ten questions in a row.

I am surprised how often I don't know the answer. Maybe that annoys me. ;)

Something as simple as "Why are both guys in that movie wearing a white shirt?" Uhhhh I don't know.

To something as complex as this conversation

Savanah :"Why is it humid?"

Me: "Moisture is in the air."

Savanah: "What is moisture?"

Me: "Water"

Savanah: "Where does it come from?"

Me: "The jet stream moves over the Gulf of Mexico picking up water and pushing it towards us."

Savanah: "How does that happen?"

Me: "Evaporation. The water evaporates into a gas and is picked up by the wind."

Savanah: "Why does that happen?"

Me: "Heat makes it happen."

Savanah: "When does this happen?"

Me: "Often"

Savanah:"How does the water stay in the air?"

Me: "It doesn't. When eough of it collects in the clouds then it rains."

Savanah: "How much water does there need to be for it to make rain?"

Me: "I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW! I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!"

Savanah: "Mom?"

Me: "grrrrrrrrr WHAT?"

Savanah: "Can I go on the internet?"

Me: "Yes, please do.........and tell me the answer when you find it."


No wonder I am always exhausted!
Joytobe

No comments: