Sunday, December 16, 2007

my purpose

well,

I think I have figured out my purpose. for today at least! I want to create a blog for Mom's, stay at home ones and working ones. On how to survive parenting with humor and grace. The humor part is the most important. Learning to laugh at yourself and teaching your children to laugh at themselves may be one of the most important gifts you can bestow on your children. The grace part I have yet to conquer but I get a little closer every day!

With Christmas just around the corner all I have to say is "OH Sh**!!" I have so much to do. It snuck up on me again! How does this happen? I swear the month of December goes into hyper mode, a different alternate dimension takes over and time travels at 2.6 times the speed of January. Although if you asked a child they would say the exact opposite happens with time slowly moving until the exciting moment of December 25th.

But I will not forget the words that describe what this is all about to me. Family, magic, love, joy, gratefulness, holiness. gemutlikeit- a German word that is difficult to translate. a magical feeling, ambiance, good cheer. Think of Christmas Eve with a light snow falling, the smell of hot cider and pine trees, waiting for Santa to come. Think chestnuts roasting over an open fire. That is gemutlikeit! And this is what I feel now. Along with a little good ole anxious not-done-shopping-feeling thrown in for good measure!

Keep your chin up! Keep shopping- supposedly it helps the economy. Above all else love your God, yourself, your family and your neighbor!

Now I have to go bake cookies.
Joyce

No comments: